EMPLOYERS PLAY AN IMPORTANT ROLE IN SHAPING THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF THEIR EMPLOYEES, THEIR FAMILIES, AND THE COMMUNITIES THAT THEY LIVE IN.
In communities, substance and opioid misuse and disorders are prevalent. In the workplace, these issues are impacting businesses and the safety and well-being of employees. By supporting employees and their family members who face these challenges, employers are positioned to positively impact lives, build a positive culture, and improve their bottom line.
Learn Best Practices
Data analytics, benefit design, and workplace policies are all tools in an employers toolbox that can help them support employees and their dependents. From promoting access to evidence-based practices to developing a recovery-friendly culture, there are many best practices that employers can adopt.
As part of the Kentucky Opioid Response Effort (KORE), the KHC has developed an employer toolkit that details best practices and guides employers on how to implement them.
Collaborate with Thought Leaders
The KHC hosts a variety of events to educate employers and other stakeholders alike on substance use disorders and mental health. Join us for upcoming events to hear from national, state, and local thought leaders.
- Addressing Opioid Misuse and Pain: A 6-Month Employer Journey – Updates and Discussion
- Moving Upstream of the Opioid Epidemic: A New Framework for Addressing Pain to Prevent Opioid Use Disorder
- Understanding Employer Challenges, Goals, and Needs for Opioid Use Disorder
- Opioids and the Workplace: An Employer Toolkit for Support Prevention, Treatment, and Recovery
- Addressing Opioid Misuse and Pain: A 6-Month Employer Journey
- Opioids and the Workplace: An Employer Toolkit Review
- Employer-Sponsored Insurance Benchmarking Data for Substance/Opioid Use
- How Federal and State Parity Laws are Impacting Health Insurance Offerings
- ATLAS: A Quality Measurement System for Addiction Treatment
- Challenges and Adaptations as the COVID-19 and Opioid Crises Merge
- The Employer Role in Addressing Trauma to Support Behavioral Health
On September 14, 2021, the Kentucky Transformational Employment Program (KTEP) was launched at the Kentuckiana Health Collaborative’s September Community Health Forum. KTEP is a voluntary program for employers who facilitate assessment for substance use disorder treatment for offerees or employees who test positive on employment-related drug screens while maintaining their […]
It has been four years since a nationwide public health emergency was declared in response to rising rates of opioid use disorder and opioid-related overdose deaths. This declaration catalyzed a movement towards expanding access to high quality evidence-based prevention, treatment, and recovery support services, removing stigma from addiction, and transforming […]
From November 2019 to April 2020, the Kentuckiana Health Collaborative convened a group of 22 employers to collaborate and take a deep dive into how they can support their employees and business in the prevention, treatment, and recovery from opioid misuse and disorder, and the diagnosis, treatment, and management of […]