EMPLOYERS PLAY AN IMPORTANT ROLE IN SHAPING THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF THEIR EMPLOYEES, THEIR FAMILIES, AND THE COMMUNITIES THAT THEY LIVE IN.
In communities, substance and opioid misuse and disorders are prevalent. In the workplace, these issues are impacting businesses and the safety and well-being of employees. By supporting employees and their family members who face these challenges, employers are positioned to positively impact lives, build a positive culture, and improve their bottom line.
Learn Best Practices
Data analytics, benefit design, and workplace policies are all tools in an employers toolbox that can help them support employees and their dependents. From promoting access to evidence-based practices to developing a recovery-friendly culture, there are many best practices that employers can adopt.
As part of the Kentucky Opioid Response Effort (KORE), the KHC has developed an employer toolkit that details best practices and guides employers on how to implement them.
Collaborate with Thought Leaders
The KHC hosts a variety of events to educate employers and other stakeholders alike on substance use disorders and mental health. Join us for upcoming events to hear from national, state, and local thought leaders.
- Addressing Opioid Misuse and Pain: A 6-Month Employer Journey – Updates and Discussion
- Moving Upstream of the Opioid Epidemic: A New Framework for Addressing Pain to Prevent Opioid Use Disorder
- Understanding Employer Challenges, Goals, and Needs for Opioid Use Disorder
- Opioids and the Workplace: An Employer Toolkit for Support Prevention, Treatment, and Recovery
- Addressing Opioid Misuse and Pain: A 6-Month Employer Journey
- Opioids and the Workplace: An Employer Toolkit Review
- Employer-Sponsored Insurance Benchmarking Data for Substance/Opioid Use
- How Federal and State Parity Laws are Impacting Health Insurance Offerings
- ATLAS: A Quality Measurement System for Addiction Treatment
- Challenges and Adaptations as the COVID-19 and Opioid Crises Merge
- The Employer Role in Addressing Trauma to Support Behavioral Health
The Kentuckiana Health Collaborative is pleased to release the 2018 Community Measurement Reports, which also includes opioid prescribing data as part of the KHC’s partnership with the Kentucky Opioid Response Effort (KORE). For the last 15 years, the KHC has led the way in healthcare quality measurement and transparency through […]
At the peak of the opioid crisis in 2017, the Kentuckiana Health Collaborative identified substance use disorders and mental health as one of our top organizational priorities. Since then we have convened our community partners to develop several resources and educational opportunities to aid in addressing the crisis. Through this […]
As part of the Kentuckiana Health Collaborative’s (KHC) ongoing focus on high value behavioral healthcare and third year of partnership with the Kentucky Opioid Response Effort (KORE), the KHC has developed updated thier “Opioids and the Workplace: An Employer Toolkit for Supporting Prevention, Treatment, and Recovery” toolkit to now contain […]