EMPLOYERS PLAY AN IMPORTANT ROLE IN SHAPING THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF THEIR EMPLOYEES, THEIR FAMILIES, AND THE COMMUNITIES THAT THEY LIVE IN.
In communities, substance and opioid misuse and disorders are prevalent. In the workplace, these issues are impacting businesses and the safety and well-being of employees. By supporting employees and their family members who face these challenges, employers are positioned to positively impact lives, build a positive culture, and improve their bottom line.
Learn Best Practices
Data analytics, benefit design, and workplace policies are all tools in an employers toolbox that can help them support employees and their dependents. From promoting access to evidence-based practices to developing a recovery-friendly culture, there are many best practices that employers can adopt.
As part of the Kentucky Opioid Response Effort (KORE), the KHC has developed an employer toolkit that details best practices and guides employers on how to implement them.
Collaborate with Thought Leaders
The KHC hosts a variety of events to educate employers and other stakeholders alike on substance use disorders and mental health. Join us for upcoming events to hear from national, state, and local thought leaders.
- Moving Upstream of the Opioid Epidemic: A New Framework for Addressing Pain to Prevent Opioid Use Disorder
- Understanding Employer Challenges, Goals, and Needs for Opioid Use Disorder
- Opioids and the Workplace: An Employer Toolkit for Support Prevention, Treatment, and Recovery
- Addressing Opioid Misuse and Pain: A 6-Month Employer Journey
- Opioids and the Workplace: An Employer Toolkit Review
- Employer-Sponsored Insurance Benchmarking Data for Substance/Opioid Use
- How Federal and State Parity Laws are Impacting Health Insurance Offerings
- ATLAS: A Quality Measurement System for Addiction Treatment
- Challenges and Adaptations as the COVID-19 and Opioid Crises Merge
- The Employer Role in Addressing Trauma to Support Behavioral Health
- Supporting Prevention, Treatment, and Recovery through Transformational Employment
ADDICTION TREATMENT AVAILABILITY
- Addiction treatment openings in Kentucky at FindHelpNowKY.gov
- Addiction treatment openings cross the US at FindTreatment.SAMHSA.gov
- Help finding treatment and questions about treatment or recovery at 1-833-KY-HELP(1-833-859-4357)
- Steps to finding quality treatment
PRESS RELEASE: Mental Healthcare Access and Quality Critical but Lacking per National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions and HR Policy Association Employer Survey
Press Release from the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions. The Kentuckiana Health Collaborative is a member of the National Alliance. WASHINGTON – April 25, 2023 – Only 31% of employers were satisfied with network access for behavioral health services according to a survey of 221 employers that provide health coverage […]
Kentucky Transformational Employment Program (KTEP) Provides Pathway for Employers to Improve Lives and Transform Business
On September 14, 2021, the Kentucky Transformational Employment Program (KTEP) was launched at the Kentuckiana Health Collaborative’s September Community Health Forum. KTEP is a voluntary program for employers who facilitate assessment for substance use disorder treatment for offerees or employees who test positive on employment-related drug screens while maintaining their […]
Supporting Prevention, Treatment, and Recovery Through Transformational Employment
It has been four years since a nationwide public health emergency was declared in response to rising rates of opioid use disorder and opioid-related overdose deaths. This declaration catalyzed a movement towards expanding access to high quality evidence-based prevention, treatment, and recovery support services, removing stigma from addiction, and transforming […]