Take a moment to stop and think about the vision of the Kentuckiana Health Collaborative (KHC). Our vision is a more equitable system for health where all people in Kentucky and southern Indiana have access to high quality and affordable healthcare. The KHC’s Board of Directors purposely used the words “system for health” in that statement.
The author Idowu Koyenikan says, “There is immense power when a group of people with similar interests get together to work toward the same goals.” The KHC brings together employers who purchase healthcare with stakeholders from the complex healthcare delivery system. Together, we try to understand each organization’s priorities and work collaboratively to determine how we can improve health outcomes for patients through high quality, affordable, and equitable healthcare.
Koyenikan’s statement could be said to describe the power of engaged membership with the KHC which includes these benefits:
- Participation in timely and compelling members-only learning sessions with other members, policy leaders, and healthcare thought leaders.
- Participation in strategy teams on healthcare measurement, health equity, measurement alignment, and more.
- Access to employer-only roundtables on key purchaser priority topics to address healthcare value, equity, and wellbeing.
- Attendance at KHC All-Member Meetings with employers/purchasers, health plans, healthcare providers, consumer advocates, pharmaceutical companies, healthcare point solutions, and government agencies.
- Access to benchmark data on healthcare quality measures for Kentucky and Kentuckiana.
- Access to valuable member resources on critical issues and best practices, including reports, toolkits, education, and more.
- Personal support on health benefit strategies, tools for implementing worksite programs, and best practice resource guides for healthcare-related concerns.
- Monthly President and CEO Updates with the latest healthcare news, updates on the KHC’s work, and member spotlights.
- Recognition as a member of the KHC on the KHC website, social media channels, and at events.
- Invitations to join members-only networking events to build connections and relationships within the Kentucky and Southern Indiana healthcare community.
- Opportunities to share your organization’s work through presentations at KHC events, blog posts on the KHC website, and member spotlights on social media.
- Prioritization as a participant in KHC projects and programming to boost your organization’s work towards building a healthier community.
- Yearly meetings with the KHC staff to discuss organizational priorities and opportunities for partnership.
- Private access to a member database to support networking and partnership opportunities.
Membership renewals for 2024 will be sent to each organization’s voting member the first week of November. We look forward to continue working with each of our member organizations in the upcoming year. If you are not currently a member, consider joining the KHC to make an impact on the health of our communities. Membership information can be found here. More information on KHC can be found here.