“If we thought 2018 was historic, we weren’t at all prepared for what 2019 would bring!” I couldn’t help but chuckle when reading this phrase from a January 2020 blog post written by KHC Data Scientist Stephanie Clouser announcing the release of our 2019 annual report.
At that time last year, none of us could have foreseen the consequential events that would occur throughout the duration of 2020. Despite the challenges and changes that we faced as individuals, organizations, and communities, the KHC remained as committed as ever to achieving of strategic priorities of improving healthcare quality, making healthcare more affordable, and building healthier communities.
Our 2020 annual report breaks down of each of these strategic priorities and highlights our organizational activities and accomplishments of the year. Highlights from the report include:
- Achieved organizational independence from the UAW/Ford Community Health Initiative
- Launched a new website
- Started a series of discussions focused on promoting health equity through the use of healthcare quality data
- Guided members through the COVID-19 pandemic by developing a Kentuckiana data dashboard and hosting 17 “Coffee and COVID” meetings
- Released best practice pain management guidelines for employers
- Participated in RAND 3.0 National Hospital Price Transparency Study
- Hosted our Sixth Annual Conference – our highest attended yet
We hope you’ll take few moments to read through the 2020 Annual Report. Whether you are new to the KHC or have worked alongside us during this tumultuous year, we hope you will join us as we continue to grow and pursue our commitment to creating an equitable, affordable, and high quality healthcare system that helps everyone in our community thrive.